Thursday, November 1, 2012

DIY Mason Jar Travel Cup






This project is super simple! Here's what you'll need:

-1 small or large mason jar (16oz shown in picture. I got mine at Michael's crafts but you can find these anywhere! A good place to get them in bulk is Kmart.
-Rubber grommet size 3/8 of an inch (Home Depot)
-Thick plastic straw (I got mine at Michael's crafts. I've seen them in multiple colors as well!)


Instructions:

1. Using a drill, drill out a hole 1/2 of an inch thick into the top of your mason jar.
2. Insert your rubber grommet (If it seems like it is not going to fit, don't worry. This part takes a little bit of maneuvering.)
3. Insert your straw and you are all set!



I have not tried to wash the cup in the dishwasher because I am scared of what it will do to the grommet. Hand washing is your best bet to clean this cup!



Total cost per jar: $4!        

No comments:

Post a Comment